Well, well, well, what a fruitful Sunday to be had. I believe I spent approximately 11 hours in the beautiful outdoors that Chicago has to offer. For the first time in I don't know how long, I went to the beach and into Lake Michigan. Seriously, I don't even remember the last time I went for a dip in a body of fresh water. As far as beach-going goes, I try to avoid that in most situations due to the fair skin factor I have going on. It was actually quite fun and I wish I had done more of it this summer. To my surprise, the water wasn't too cold and we could actually see our feet the whole way out. The only disappointment was the fact that we couldn't really go out past our shoulders and fun flotation devices were not allowed.
The next trip of the day brought us to the Taste of Armenia in downtown Evanston. A few of my friends did a PeaceCorps stint in Armenia, and I've heard quite a bit about it, so I figured I'd give it a try. The food was delicious and the people that I met there were very friendly. A few people got some "readings" from the remnants of their coffee grounds after their cups had been turned upside-down for a short while. Unfortunately, I don't have a penchant for coffee, so no readings of the future for me.
For the evening, we headed out to the Pontiac Cafe in Wicker Park for a little bit of honky tonk bingo, which I can't recommend enough, especially since it's free. It was a special evening, for they were presenting a "Championship Bingo" trophy to the winner of the last game of the evening, that was actually a bowling trophy, but it definitely fit the atmosphere. I still haven't won a single round of bingo while playing there, but I guess I'll just have to keep on trying. Some of my favorite versions include "H is for Hank", "Prisoner", and "Oklahoma Sonbitch". What a way to wind the week down, and thank goodness we didn't have another round of 90 degree weather, it was getting a little old after a while!
No work for me today, I woke up to the alarm and made the quick decision that I just wasn't up for it and decided to go back to sleep until 10. It was quite luxurious and highly recommended. What made it even better is that I only have a three day work week this week and four day the next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment